- Assistant Professor, Ophthalmology
- Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor, Chemical & Biomolecular Eng
299 Bevis Hall
Columbus, OH 43210
- Ph.D., Washington University in St. Louis, 2008
- M.S., Washington University in St. Louis, 2006
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2004
Key Honors and Distinctions
- Known for using polymeric biomaterials to develop medical devices in ophthalmology and wound care.
- Lois Hagelberger-Huebner Young Investigator Award, Ohio Lions Eye Research Foundation (2017-19)
- REACH for Commercialization (2017)
- Washington University in St. Louis Cherryll Walzel-Frick and F. Alan Frick Graduate Scholar (2004-2005)
- Georgia Institute of Technology Omega Chi Epsilon Excellence Award (2004)
- Georgia Institute of Technology President’s Undergraduate Research Award (2004)
- Georgia Institute of Technology President’s Scholarship (2000-2004)
RESEARCH AREAS – Swindle-Reilly Lab for Biomimetic Polymeric Biomaterials
- Bioengineering; Polymers; Biomaterials; Drug Delivery;
- Graduate student research opportunities are currently available.
- PUBLICATIONS on Google Scholar.
Dr. Swindle-Reilly’s research focuses on the design of polymeric biomaterials for soft tissue repair and drug delivery with focused applications in ophthalmology and wound healing. Studies in the lab focus on polymer synthesis, mechanical characterization, cell-material interactions, and controlled release. A major focus of our work is engineering biomimetic polymers that have properties similar to the native tissue to improve wound healing and outcomes after ophthalmic surgery. Our laboratory is currently investigating materials-based solutions for corneal wound healing, cataract surgery, vitreoretinal surgery, and optic neuropathy.
Washington University Graduate Student Symposium Award. Washington University in St. Louis.
The Cherryll Walzel-Frick and F. Alan Frick Graduate Scholar. Washington University in St. Louis.
Omega Chi Epsilon Excellence Award. Georgia Institute of Technology.
President’s Scholarship. Georgia Institute of Technology.
Faculty Honors, Dean's List. Georgia Institute of Technology.
Georgia Tech President’s Undergraduate Research Award. Georgia Institute of Technology.
Women in Engineering Scholarship. Women in Engineering.
AFCEA Scholarship. AFCEA.
Society of Women Engineers Outstanding Sophomore Engineer. Society of Women Engineers.