- Assoc Professor of Practice, Chemical & Biomolecular Eng
151 W. Woodruff Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 1997
Key Honors and Distinctions
The Ohio State University Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching, 2017
John Clay, who was Kurt Koelling's first graduate student, got his Ph.D. from Ohio State in 1997. He then joined Battelle Memorial Institute, a contract research and development organization. He has a passion for teaching and was an adjunct faculty member at OSU since 2003 before taking on a larger role as a CBE clinical professor in 2013. One of his primary roles is to run the CBE Unit Ops laboratory.
Papers in Proceedings
- Thurston, R.M.; Clay, J.D.; Schulte, M.D. "Effect of atmospheric plasma treatment on the surface energy of polymers." (12 2005).
- Thurston, R.M.; Clay, J.D. "Tensile testing of microtomed sections from molded parts." (6 2004).
- Clay, J.D.; Thurston, R.M. "Microrheology and melt index calculations of polymer melts." (10 2003).
- Clay, J.D.; Vijayendran, B.R. "Some recent studies on renewable resource based industrial products." in American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE 2002).
- Clay, J.D. "Material challenges in medical micromolding applications." in Plastics in Medical Devices.
- Clay, J.D.; Heggs, R.P. "Material challenges in medical micromolding applications." in Society of Plastics Engineers Annual Technical Conference (SPE ANTEC).
- Clay, J.D.; Vijayendran, B.R.; Moon, J.K. "Gelling studies in phenol resorcinol formaldehyde (PRF)-soy protein adhesive systems." in American Oil Chemists Society.
- Clay, J.D.; Koelling, K.W. "Degradation of concentrated polymer solutions under extensional flow." in Topical Conference on Polymers, sponsored by AIChE and the Polymer Processing Society.
- Clay, J.D.; Vijayendran, B. "Some Recent Studies on Soy Protein-Based Wood Adhesives." in Wood Adhesives 2000.
- Clay, J.D. "Melt index from a single pellet." in Society of Plastics Engineers Annual Technical Conference (SPE ANTEC).