How To Apply
Application Deadlines - Applications for Autumn 2015 are closed. Applications for Spring 2016 are open. Applications for Autumn 2016 will open during the beginning of August 2015.
(Funding consideration - PhD Only)
(General Admission - NO FUNDING)
November 1, 2015
|December 13, 2014
|March 1, 2015
|International||October 1, 2015||
November 30, 2014
|March 1, 2015
Graduate Admissions Checklist
- Apply online at OSU Graduate Admissions Office website here: http://gradadmissions.osu.edu/grad_apply.html.
- Application fees are paid as a part of the online application process. This fee cannot be waived or deferred.
2. Supporting Documents (to be uploaded with your online application)
***ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED***
- Transcripts: Official scanned copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions are required. Transcripts can be uploaded at the time of applying or sent electronically to email@example.com.
Ohio State students: Ohio State students are only required to submit transcripts from other institutions attended, if any. Ohio State transcripts will be obtained internally for the review process and do not need to be submitted with your application.
Important: If admitted, a final official copy of all transcripts will be required at that time by the Graduate Admissions Office. A hard copy is not required as a part of the application process.
- Statement of Purpose:
A one to two page statement of purpose outlining your motivation for attending our program and your goals after receiving the degree. This essay allows you to express your interest in chemical and biomolecular engineering, describe what area(s) interest you the most, and goals that you have for applying the training received here. Since most of the material supplied with the application is little more than numbers, data, and grades, this statement allows you to "speak" to the faculty reviewing your file and gives them a glimpse into your motivations. Please be sure to include your full name on this document.
- Resume or CV:
Serves as a helpful means of summarizing the background of an applicants. Please keep the length of this document to under two pages
3. Three Letters of Recommendation
- Online submission: During the application process, applicants will be prompted to enter the e-mail addresses of their recommenders. The Graduate Admissions Office will automatically send an e-mail to these addresses with details on how to submit an online reference letter once you submit your online application. Applicants are encouraged to contact their references to be sure they received the instructions from the Graduate Admissions Office and have provided a recommendation.
4. Submit offical GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) Scores:
- GRE scores are required of all students
- TOEFL scores are required of all applicants whos native language is not English. No student will be considered for admission until proof of English is received. If a student receives a degree from a U.S. institution, TOEFL scores are not needed.
Note: Applicants must submit official scores via Educational Testing Services (ETS) to the OSU Admissions Office (institution code 1592, no department code is necessary).
Addresses for Applicant Documents
The Ohio State University Graduate Admissions Office
(Express: FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.)
The Ohio State University
PO BOX 182004
Columbus, OH 43218-2004
281 West Lane Ave
Columbus, OH 43210-1132
The William G. Lowrie Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Postal Mail and Express:
314 Koffolt Laboratory
151 West Woodruff Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210