You are here

Additional Resources

Things to do upon arrival:
Please contact Angela Bennett at to schedule a meeting to go over course scheduling and other departmental concerns. This meeting will last approximately 20-30 minutes and will take place in 310 CBEC. If you are an international student, you should check in with OIA before you check in with the department.

If you have a GRA or Fellowship appointment you will also need to meet with HR Manager Bill Cory to complete all new hire paperwor. Please email him at to schedule a meeting with him.

Obtain a BuckID
After students have registered for their classes, they will be able to obtain a BuckID. A BuckID serves as your student ID at Ohio State and a multitude of other purposes. Below are a few things you will need a BuckID for:

  • Accessing the computer labs in CBEC
  • Accessing CBEC after hours or on the weekends
  • Checking out books from the University Libraries
  • Using the COTA bus service
  • Access to the RPAC facility
  • Purchasing athletic tickets

In addition to the items listed above, your BuckID can be used as a debit card which you can use to purchase food from many of the restaurants on campus. Your BuckID will also serve as a discount card at some retailers. For a complete list of retailers and uses of a BuckID, please go to:  BuckID.

Submit Your Final Transcripts
It is very important that you submit your final transcripts from your previous undergraduate or graduate university upon your arrival. If you do not submit your final transcripts, the Graduate Admissions office will place a hold on your record that will not allow you to register for classes until the final transcript is received. The sooner you get your final transcript submitted, the better off you will be.

There are numerous bank branches located conveniently on High Street. Below are links to some of the larger bank's web sites as well as their local address.

Transportation and Parking on Campus
Students will be able to park on campus as long as they have a valid parking permit. To obtain a quarterly or annual parking permit, you must visit OSU Transportation and Parking Services. If you have a GRA or Fellowship position, you will need to take a letter from the department with you to purchase a "B" or "WB" permit. More information and pricing is available on the CampusParc website:

Transportation Around Columbus and the OSU Campus
Students will have a small fee included as part of their fees each semester. That fee is used as a part of an agreement with the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) and allows students to ride the bus anywhere in the city of Columbus by showing your BuckID. OSU also has a local bus service (CABS) that runs throughout the campus that students are able to use to get to various destinations around the campus.